How to get your stuff noticed!
Share This Recap
Making Your Stuff Awesome
- No one wakes up saying “I want to read a boring blog post”
You have to make interesting stuff
- If it’s not interesting, no one will want to engage with it.
- You need two things:
- Interesting Content
- Most content is ‘below’ the interesting threshold
Amplification = Good Content * Distribution Channels
- Publish a post, not a of interest. 1,000 views.
- Repromote the blog post. 1 day, 50,000 views.
Your Action Items
- Research — When you understand’s your audience’s pain you’ll be able to better define their problem. (Online: forums, sub-reddits, etc; Offline: conferences, meetups, workshops, coffee shops, festivals, etc)
- Patterns —What are the underlying trends that you can find?
- Write Good Stuff — Pick the #1 or #2 thing that people are interested in. Write about that.
- Amplification — How do you promote the content? Focus on building a relationship first, then promoting the content.
How Do You Earn The Right To Be Heard?
- Show up ever day and add value
Coordinate The Launch
- Give influencers and your personal network a sneak peek
- Let them know when you’re going to publish and how they can help
- Publish + share on high-value networks
- Mobilize your network to share + get initial traction on community sites
- Engage with response
Links to Speaker’s Websites
- Twitter: @mijustin